Since Redstone 4, Microsoft has been working to improve search on Windows 10. The firm has produced adjustments to the UI, but it still looks and feels the same general Windows Search. Microsoft recently divided Search from Cortana and began searching for construction as a search app.
It seems, however, that the fresh search experience is nearly prepared, but is currently concealed. The fresh experience will enable users to search and perform better within top applications, latest activities. With some minor registry edits, you can allow the fresh immersive experience. Note that editing the registry can cause problems so be careful.
- Open and navigate to the Registry Editor: “HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Search\”
- “Click on Search folder and Right-click on the right pane and click on New>DWORD Value (32-Bit) with the name ImmersiveSearch.”
- “Double-click the DWORD and change its value data to 1.”
- “Now navigate to: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Search\Flighting\ and right-click the Flighting folder and click on New and name the key “Override”.”
- “Select the Override folder, right-click on the right pane and select New>DWORD (32-bit) and name it ImmersiveSearchFull and set its value to 1.”
- “Now create another DWORD (32-bit) and name it CenterScreenRoundedCornerRadius and set its value to 9.”
Once finished, restart the Task Manager’s File Explorer and appreciate the fresh experience of Immersive Search. Note that to get the function to work on your computer, you need to be on Windows 10 version 1903.