Mcrosoft continues with the weekly rates of updates on Microsoft Edge Dev channels and provides testers with a further batch of changes and fixes. This week, several components of the UI and the usual slew of bug fixes will be improved across this website.
One of the major changes to this release is to add a link to your favorite “New Tab Page” design on the Settings menu. Other tweaks include selecting more than one tab at a time, sending feedback with a dark theme and more. Here is a complete look at all fresh and fixed channels on the recent version of Edge Dev.
What is new
- In Settings a page has been added to select a new tab page layout that you want.
- Added an option to report an unsafe website in the help and feedback menu.You can now select multiple tabs using the ctrl and space keys of the keyboard.
- Send Feedback dialog with dark theme.
- In the tab color it is difficult to tell the difference between the active tab and the rest of the tabs if a separator has been added between the active tab and other tables.
- Windows color when inactive updated.
- Settings as a customer crashes the browser has fixed a problem.
- Fixed a problem that sometimes crashes the browser by opening DevTools in InPrivate.
- Fixed a problem in which there was both the charging spinner and tab icon.
- Crash fixed when Read Aloud was used.
- Fixed a problem in which some web pages would crash with videos.
- Fixed a problem in which favourites are sometimes deleted by interrupting first-run experience.
- Some strings not translated have been fixed.
- Fixed a problem that does not uninstall installed websites from Windows Settings.
- Fixed a problem that did not include DevTools extensions in the DevTools extension list.
- Fixed a problem that sync would not operate if a VPN were used.
- Fixed an problem with the use of a generic icon rather than the proprietary file icon on the download page.
- Fixed a problem that does not open the browser again with the Restart App button when you install an update.
- Fixed a problem that doesn’t show context menus sometimes.
- Corrected a problem that depending on where it is visible, the text for the keyboard shortcut is different to open the downloads.
- Fixed a problem where the keychain credentials are not expected to be entered after a fresh build has been installed.
For the fresh edge constructed on chromium, the Edge Dev channel is the second most commonly updated test branch. A Canary channel provides the browser with regular updates. Microsoft will also open a Beta channel every six weeks. In future, updates will be available.
You could now download the Dev or Canary channel releases from Microsoft Edge Insider if you want to give the fresh Edge a shot before its complete launch.